Painting with Benjamin Moore Advance Paint

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Painting the Living Room Trim with Benjamin Moore Advance Paint in Semi Gloss White
After reading some horror stories about Benjamin Moore Advance water-borne alkyd paint I went and double-checked all the trim I did. Most of the BM Advance trim is beautifully smooth (smoother and harder to the touch than Sherwin Williams Emerald that we used in the stairwell and office).

However, I did find that in spots here I didn't sand between coats (or possibly didn't let dry 16 hours between coats) that some white dust would come up when the trim was touched. I just sanded this down a bit until the white flecks stopped coming up. If I was really on the ball, I'd roll another coat on, but then waiting for the 30-day cure on horizontal surfaces would be a serious pain. So the tiny little living room built-in will just have to manage.

Note to self: Always let Banjamin Moore Advance dry 16 hours between coats, and sand in-between. And probably only use BM Advance in lighter colors.

Repaint - Living Room
(This is also to show off the fact that I've finally painted the door and some of the living room windows since the original report).
Painting the Living Room Trim with Benjamin Moore Advance Paint in Semi Gloss White
And now for some very boring photos of white trim in a barely off-white room.

Painting the Living Room Trim with Benjamin Moore Advance Paint in Semi Gloss White Painting the Living Room Trim with Benjamin Moore Advance Paint in Semi Gloss White

1 comments:

rooth said...

The dog photo bombs are my favourite part of all these posts :)