How To: Create Yoyo Magnets

Tuesday, November 11, 2008


I was on a mission to rehabilitate some ugly fridge magnets inherited from a past roommate. After awhile of searching for incorrect terms like 'fabric flower' and 'fabric pinwheel', I finally found the right term: fabric yo yo.

Step 0: Gather Materials

  • Some magnets
  • Some fabric, thread, scissors
  • Hot glue gun


Step 1: Acquire Magnets

I used some pliers to pull out the magnets, so I could reuse something I would have otherwise thrown away.

Step 2: Make Fabric Yo-yos

I've posted a yo yo tutorial here or you can use Heather Bailey's 'How to Make a Yo-Yo' tutorial.

Step 3: Attach magnets and decoration

2 comments:

paperpest said...

Love that idea! I'm always looking for new ways to use yo yos.

h said...

Thanks, LoraSara. I also like the idea of several GIANT yoyos sewn together as a bed comforter.