Team Dennis: Multi-purpose Friendly Face Illustrations

Tuesday, February 16, 2010


My friend has taken an illustration I did of him one step further and turned it into a screenprinted image. In the past, I've used the image as part of a Friendly Faces Pillowcases collection for another friend. But it's nice to see my work re-used.

If you're interested in hand-printing techniques, like my friend's screenprints above, I highly recommend Lena Corwin's "Printing by Hand". It contains all sorts of techniques, whether it be the screenprinting above, or linoleum block printing, or stamping.

2 comments:

My Owl Barn said...

My friend has been looking for a good guide on screen printing. I'll certainly let her know about this book. Thanks!

h said...

DickBlick.com also has screenprinting kits available at varying price levels. They're good for people just starting out, as well.