On Origins of a Blog Name

Friday, July 16, 2010

(From 2007) Philly Backyard, Looking Out 5 [final]

Back in 2007 when I was living in the first floor of a 2BR apartment bordering West Philadelphia, I spent the spring transforming the backyard from the below wasteland, to the garden above. Tiny budget, and just my two hands with which to do so.
(From 2007) Philly Backyard, Looking Out 1

It took about $200 and several hundred hours of labor (i.e., me moving dirt from one of the yard to the other), but afterwards my roommate and I were able to throw vegetarian barbecues back there. And thus began a short-lived series of "Bring Your Own Vegetables" veggie grilling parties...and the name of this blog.
BRING YOUR OWN VEGETABLES BRING YOUR OWN VEGETABLES

2 comments:

Alicia | Jaybird: Home in Motion said...

Iris- thanks for stopping by Jaybird! I love your blog name and especially love your header. When I was a kid, my brother was in Boy Scouts and participated in the Pinewood Derby (homemade wooden car race). They had an open division for family members, so my dad helped me build a car shaped like a carrot with a tiny mouse driver! Seeing your header brought back such great memories. Can't wait to read more of your blog.

Alicia / Jaybird Blog

Sarah | For the Love of Chow said...

Hi Iris, I love the name of your blog and all the lovely projects within it! You are seriously talented. I can't wait to follow along. Oh, and your kitten is just precious :-)