Hong Kong Recap

Friday, July 29, 2011

Last travel post, I promise! ...well, until the California trip, anyways.

Victoria Harbor at Night

I didn't do a lot of sightseeing around Hong Kong, as I was mainly there for work, but I was able to squeeze in a few activities here and there.

Carnations Victoria Harbor
Flying North Po Lin Monastery
Panel Gondola
Jumbo Palace Floating Restaurant Hong Kong Jade Market
Duck Tian Tan Buddha

There were night markets and flower markets and bird markets. Egg tarts and octopus and mango drinks. Ferries and gondolas and floating restaurants. There are Buddhist temples in the middle of skyscrapers. You can be in central Hong Kong (Wan Chai), hop on a ferry, and be on a hiking trail with waterfalls and a beach on Lantau Island within 30 minutes! I think my one regret might be not doing more shopping ;)

Neon Kowloon at Night

The rest of the details and photos are up on my Flickr account.

Man Mo Temple

13 comments:

Unknown said...

did you take these photos?1?!? They're GORGEOUS!

h said...

I take pretty much every photo on this blog, except for the obvious product/catalog photos. It's kinda cool to be able to see my skills actually improving. All that food photography really did help! ha!

Anonymous said...

lovely pictures!

JUST ME said...

Dude - those photos are amazing! It almost makes me want to go there, and I've never considered Hong Kong as a destination - ever.

Jamie said...

Love the flower market!

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Those pictures are amazing! I would deffo print them out and have them hanging up just the way you have them arranged. I can only imagine how crazy and awesome and lively Hong Kong is!

Unknown said...

That cable car looks terrifying! My fave pic is the succulents on platters, great repetition and textures.

Laynah said...

Wow, this is phenomenal! I don't know if I even spelled that right, but it is! The pictures are gorgeous, and I want to go there right this second.

Libby said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I can see I'm going to have to set aside quite a bit of time for a good explore around your blog as I see you like to travel as much as I do. We've actually got Asia on our sights for our next trip :-).

SJ said...

gorgeous photos!

nancy said...

thanks for leaving me that note on my blog! makes me feel loved and whatnot - not such a faceless blogger in the sea of blogs.
I absolutely love your space dude. posts on your travels excite me and spur me on to keep planning my own! ever been to south america?

h said...

Just Me- I hadn't really chosen Hong Kong, but it did turn out to be amazing. It'd be a nice addition to a China trip :)

TexaGermaNadian- My apartment is already soooo full of photos, how about we settle on a nice photobook? Hahaha.

Ajax- The cable cars aren't too frightening, since they're completely enclosed. The glass floors are kind awesome.

SJ & debbiecutieface- Thanks!

Libby- the easiest way to explore my travel posts are by using the travel label: http://byov.blogspot.com/search/label/travel. My blog has lots of purposes, so the labels can come in handy!

Nancy- I've never been to South America, and since I don't really choose my international destinations, I'm not sure when/if that'll be an option. I have plenty of friends who've been, though, and loved it.

Brandi said...

Your travel posts are amazing! I was glad I got to do my road trip through part of the US this summer, but now I'm really itching for some international travel. Just gorgeous.