Success: Pea Pesto with Linguine

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I was making this dish when the power went out for about an hour. Let me tell you, nothing says joy quite like standing over a pot of boiling pasta as your apartment temperature gradually rises into the 90s and beyond. Um, yeah.

Pea Pesto with Linguine

That being said, this Pea Pesto with Linguine from SmittenKitchen is divine, although I think I overdid it on the pine nuts. I have learned this lesson: when it comes to toasted pine nuts, it is better to underestimate than to overdo it. Srsly.

Delicious delicious delicious. Easy peas-y (ha!). 'Will definitely make again.

Pea Pesto with Linguine

11 comments:

ellie's desk said...

Such a beautiful dinner. Argh..I hate when the power goes out...especially while making dinner.

Thanks so much for your note, Iris, and the concern of the cat. I'm hoping we can find a way to get it to the Animal Human Society.

Deidre said...

I love smitten kitchen! This looks super yummy. I might have to try it - but I can never get past the deliciousness that basil pesto try other types.

Jillian said...

Have to try this! I love pesto, but I've never made it with peas before (and I love peas!). Smitten Kitchen always has wonderful recipes.

Anna said...

That looks seriously good. My 2 year old girl loves pasta and pesto like a maniac, it's her fav. And cooking in that heat sounds like hell! It's really humid here and cooking is a sweaty uncomfortable job at best.
AnnaX

amy b.s. said...

this looks and sounds amazing!

Stephanie said...

I saw this recipe too and wanted to try it! We have SO many extra snap peas. I needed something to make tonight anyway...maybe this will be on the menu!

Kaylia Payne said...

Oh yum, it looks so good! sucks about the power, how frustrating. Also I can't believe you went four months without shampoo! Your hair looks lovely.

h said...

The recipe is really simple. And aside from the pine nuts, possibly stuff most people have lying around all the time.

ManyColorsOfHappiness - Pretty much everyone's hair will look good after four months of no shampoo...if you can get through the first two weeks of grease (your hair stops over producing grease when you stop using shampoo that strips your hair of its natural oils) :)

henning love said...

this looks amazing and very easy to do, healthy too! will have to try it soon

Matthew Spade said...

i've actually had this bookmarked for a bit now, was going to get it on this week

Kris said...

That looks so good! Must try soon.