Success: Homemade Zatar Bagels

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Homemade Bagels

I had an itchin' to make some bagels. Turns out, they're a real pain in the rear to make (a lot of waiting in between steps). However, it's pretty much the only way I'll ever get a Zatar Bagel. Zatar is so great on everything: popcorn, kale chips, etc. I figured, why not toss some of this middle eastern spice mix on some homemade bagels?

Homemade Bagels

So much effort for such a simple thing. Recipe from the 'Fresh from the Oven' blog.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum! I'm totally trying this!

Kindra said...

They look amazing! I might have to snag a bagel for lunch now :)

Unknown said...

I love making bagels...and mostly eating them! I was forced into making them once because there were no bagels where I lived (cape town, SA) and being a bagel lover....well...

But yeah, a complete pain, the process takes forever!

Anonymous said...

oooh yummy! I can only imagine homemade bagels taste amazing.

SJ said...

hmmmm, not sure i have the patience to make them but i do love eating them!
having said that, i should probably just suck it up and attempt this recipe...

S.I.F. said...

Yum! And so totally not something I'm allowed to eat right now!

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

Waiting between stages always puts me off but these look great!