Success: On Thai Curry Soup

Wednesday, November 23, 2011


This Thai Curry Soup from For Me, For You is good. It lets you throw a bunch of random veggies into some tasty sauce and just enjoy. The rendition in these photos include: tofu, collard greens, carrots, green pepper, and rice noodles. The curry paste, turmeric, and coconut milk do all the heavy lifting. Delicious heavy lifting.


That's enough gushing over this recipe. Now, onto bigger things.

This weekend meditation post on "Eating Your Way to Happiness" from TheKitchn (combined with this one) got me to realize (1) making and eating good food is an escape from stress for me and (2) not everyone feels this strongly about food. By "good food" I don't mean drowning my sorrows in a tub of ice cream, I mean more making labor-intensive macarons to focus my thoughts in another direction, or filling my belly with wholesome goodies such as this soup. What follows from this is that I cannot understand people who do not love food.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

mm that looks delicious

Stephanie said...

That sounds soooo good. I love Thai food- one of my favorite recipes is a pineapple chicken curry I found on Allrecipes.

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

This looks great! I love Thai, we go to our favorite Thai place all the time for our fix of Jungle Lamb!

Stephanie said...

YUM! That looks AMAZING!

Haddock said...

The ingredients look healthy (and appetizing too)

Tiffany Kadani said...

Ha! I don't think I could be friends with someone who didn't love food.
Looks so good!

gaia said...

Oh man, I am totally the same way! I love to eat and I love to cook. AND we make that soup all the time. It's a winter staple around our house. YUM

Jessica said...

ohmygosh this soup looks AMAZING! I really have to get myself back into cooking!

And thanks for your comment - I do agree that a glass of wine is pretty much the equivalent of a lullabye for me. I'm guaranteed to conk out! :)

yours truly, melissa said...

This soup does look really good. I love homemade soups, especially in the winter.

Thanks for stopping by my blog & saying hello!