Success: Homemade Ice Creams

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Homemade Plum Pudding Ice Cream

Well, it began with the KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment for the stand mixer that I got J for his birthday, and it pretty much culminated in the purchase of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home recipe book and the production of this plum pudding ice cream.

I cannot emphasize enough the awesomeness of molasses ice cream with lemony-gingery plum pudding fruits and molasses pralines mixed in. Nor can I insist enough that the only way to make Jeni's recipes anywhere near cost effective is to double the ice cream quantity while maintaining the mix-in amounts. Nonetheless, the book has some amazingly impressive recipes. I pretty much want to eat the whole thing.

Homemade Plum Pudding Ice Cream
Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

We actually began with a recipe for cookies and cream ice cream from the booklet that came with the ice cream attachment, and it came out quite well, too. Even though we doubled the amount of crumbled cookies...

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ice cream is something I've always wanted to try, and I never have! It looks amazing!

h said...

Stephanie, this stuff is so good. Must.try.

I just wish I could take a non-blurry photo of ice cream. I think maybe I'm holding in urges to snarf it all when photographing, lol.

rooth said...

Holy smokes that looks good. I'd be so fat if I lived at your house

Az said...

Looks delicious! I'm always too afraid to try making my own ice-cream... old fear of failure :)

missris said...

Wow this looks really good. I might have to try this come summer...

nancy said...

UGH. molasses icecream sounds amazing.

christine donee said...

I'll send you my address if you send me some ice cream.

That seems fair, right?

Margaret said...

I want some of yer ice cream, please. It looks delicious! HOLY COW YOU PUT MOLLASSSESS IN IT? Gotta try that. I'm a bit of a treacle addict (just like mollassesssss) and this sounds incredible. Looks ever so delicious.

When I make some, I like to make it out of just hemp milk, bananas (for sweet-ness) and peanut butter... maybe cocoa powder.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

That looks so amazing!

Unknown said...

OH YUM!!! looks so amazing...makes me want to attempt making ice cream :) XO brynn

homesprout said...

I think this is one of those recipes where the ingredient combination scares me, but the actual product tastes really good...

memory said...

Oh this looks delicious! It reminds me of the times when we used to help make the ice cream on summer nights at cookouts at my grandparents house. Such great memories :) Your pictures are so professional! Very nice.
Thank you for your comment on my book post, Iris! I will have to check out A Handmaid's Tail and also Alias Grace to see what it's all about :) I'd love it if you let me know how you like the book and how it all turns out!

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm