Speedy Progress on the Hexagon Quilt

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Faster Progress on the Hexagon Quilt

I've made decent progress on the hexagon quilt top. About 1/3 of the way done. Only one bajillion more hexagons to add (by hand!). And I think I like the back almost as much as the front (a common plague among knitters). The 'wrongsides' always show how much effort went into the project.

Faster Progress on the Hexagon Quilt
Faster Progress on the Hexagon Quilt

  1. How To: Hexagon Quilt Top Piecing 9/11/2010
  2. Progress Report 12/15/2010
  3. Progress Report 4/4/2012
  4. Progress Report 4/18/2012
  5. Progress Report 5/16/2012
  6. Step One: Hexagon Quilt Top Done 5/29/2012
  7. Step Two & Three: Backing & Quilt Sandwich 6/19/2013
  8. Step Four: Hand Quilting 8/28/2013
  9. Step Five: Non-Traditional Hexagon Quilt Binding Tutorial 9/18/13
  10. A Review of the Hexagon Quilt

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks so beautiful! My grandparents use to have a hexagon quilt in one of their bedrooms, and I always loved it!

Jamie said...

What a beautiful piece of art you are creating.

rooth said...

Oh that's coming along really nicely! I can't believe that's only 1/3rd of it

Nics Notebook said...

It looks awesome!! Can;t wait for the day I can have the patience and skill to make something like that :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that you were putting white as edging. I love it - it's so pretty! You will have this forever...

Tiffany Kadani said...

I am so impressed! I've always wanted to quilt but haven't learned. It looks great!

Deidre said...

It looks FANTASTIC. I'm so impressed. I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to start a project like this, but it looks so good!

aki! said...

This looks so cool. I love all the different patterns that are a part of it!

Mandy England said...

Gorgeous! I was just getting ready to start my own hexagon quilt, and browsing Pinterest for inspiration... this is definitely the inspiration I was hoping for! :) Love what you are creating!

Jenny said...

This is beautiful!