Success: Eggnog Cake with Brandy Rum Icing

Friday, January 11, 2013


This past holiday season required some serious baking. With a decent amount of leftover eggnog, I made a couple eggnog loaf cakes from TheKitchn. Even though my homemade eggnog didn't really get whipped up (maybe it actually has low fat content, compared to store bought eggnog?), the cakes turned out quite lovely.

The recipe's not particularly difficult, although it's also not particularly eggnog-y. It sort of just tastes like a lightly nutmeg-ed vanilla cake. With boozy icing. I've made four of these (I had a lot of leftover eggnog), and one of them made it into the freezer before I left for Japan, so we'll see how it unthaws in a few months.

1 comments:

Z@KickingKilos said...

Love your blog--so happy to have stumbled upon it:)
I'm fairly new to blogging, and I must say I'm falling in love with your properly maintained blog!

http://kickingkilos.blogspot.in/