Success: "Frentils" (French Lentils) [omg]

Sunday, February 23, 2014

French Lentils
Um, you guys. These French lentils from A Sweet Spoonful (which J has renamed 'Frentils') are awesome. Like, up with my Morroccan Spinach & Chickpeas in awesomeness. And even easier to put together. Absolutely delightful with a fried egg. I wish I had more to eat right now.

Until now, I had thought I did not like dry lentils. But these French Le Puy lentils (found in Whole Foods, so not too tricky to track down) as a dry/salad dish are just delightful. I did make the mistake of serving these Frentils with a red lentil soup, lentils + lentils = not so great, but with pretty much any other side dish they'd be great.

[Edit 3/11/14: TheKitchn has a similar recipe, but with bacon and there's also another version with olives and feta. Options!]

French Lentils
French Lentils

3 comments:

rooth said...

I had the best vegetarian dish with French lentils in London last weekend - noommmm

Kristin said...

Ooh, I'll have to try this! I just made Moroccan Spinach and Chickpeas last week.

Annie Smith said...

Dang, this looks GOOOOD! Since eating vegan, I am always looking for a yummy bean dish- bring on the protein. hehe.