Friday, September 26, 2014

Semi-Success: Pickled Carrots and Daikon

Pickled Daikon and Carrot Coins

I was near an Asian grocer when I decided to commit and make thesePickled Carrots and Daikon from FoodInJars. I had an extra daikon, which I cut up and shoved in these jars anyways, but I probably should've spread it out to an extra half pint.

Pickled Daikon and Carrot Coins

[Verdict] Having brought these to a summer BBQ, it was determined that they are quite good. However, I don't find them as addictive as dilly beans, so I might not be making these again. I think three half pints would make a lot more sense than three full pints.

3 comments:

  1. They look amazing! You are rocking it lady!! Have a great weekend and good for you for committing to healthy eating! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, these look great! Dilly beans are a tough competitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I've been trying to find something to do with all my carrots! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Comments are greatly appreciated.