Friday, September 2, 2016

Success: Simple Apricot Jam

Simple Apricot Jam

3 parts apricots to 1 part sugar, according to FoodInJars' recipe, and there I was looking at a pile of overly ripe apricots for $0.50/lb. And I bought 7lbs and immediately ran home and canned it up before it all went super over ripe. I have a major preference for preserving fruits that don't require peeling, which means I mostly just avoid peaches. Having to skin 7lbs of apricots would not have been a good time, but thankfully there was no need!

I wanted something a little more traditional to not be too weird when grouped with my pickled smOkra, but next time I might ponder apricot rosemary jam. Because I enjoy interesting flavor pairings. But my food swap plans required something not too insane.

Simple Apricot Jam
Macerated Apricots
Heating up the apricots
Reducing the apricot jam
Simple Apricot Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Comments are greatly appreciated.