Friday, September 16, 2016

Success: Strawberry Vanilla Jam

Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam

An oldie but a goodie, this is Marisa McClellan's small batch strawberry vanilla jam, and just like the last time I made it I ended up with two half pints instead of three. This time I combined the small batch vanilla strawberry jam recipe with the small batch strawberry thyme recipe, meaning I basically followed the vanilla strawberry recipe, but I replaced half the sugar with a half cup of honey, dropped the lemon zest, and put a whole lemon's worth of juice in at the beginning of the cooking. 'Mostly had to do with the sweetener swap.

'Hopefully it's a little less firm than my last batch. Although considering the yield, I suspect not. I'll figure strawberries out one of these days!

Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam
Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam
Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam
Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Comments are greatly appreciated.