
I knit the Provence Leafy Cardigan with minimal modifcations - just cast-on an extra 10 stitches so I could include the button bands throughout the process, rather than picking up all those stitches at the end. The picked-up approach probably comes out neater, but this still looks nice.

The Baby Leaves Hat needed considerably more modifications to size up from a newborn to a toddler size. This involved adding a fifth 'leaf' to the pattern, and an extra row of leaves to the botton. Came out pretty well!

The socks were really a combination of two patterns: the Petit Lutin socks with the lace pattern replaced with one of the leaves from the Phloem Socks to make it leaf-matchy.

And then there's the mittens! I started with the Barbara's Bladluffer, but wanted to add an easy-on thumb so the toddler could grip things. I slightly adapted the extra wide thumb from the Dulaan Easy On Mittens, and replaced the yarn-overs on the thumb-side with make-ones right/left to mimic a bit of the leaf veining pattern on the top side. I probably should've made the thumbs a little longer, but c'est la vie. The mittens above are actually my second and third mitts, as my first mitt had a bit of a design flaw...a mitten thumb should definitely be more than 1-inch from the fingertips...

You win some, you lose some!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog! Comments are greatly appreciated.