Knitting for People's Babies: Owls in Blue Layette

Sunday, March 13, 2022

The Owlie Knit Baby Layette

Another friend, another baby, another set of knit items! This week's set is done entirely in one color: Baby Bee Sweet Delight yarn in 'Surf Baby' (purchased from eBay at a reasonable price). It's the same yarn as the other baby layette, just a different color. I've found it really useful to use the same yarn, because then I already have most of the gauge measurements. So I can just get started on a project without having to fuss with all that. It's already been done!

Larger Items in the Set (Fewer owls, but they're still there...)

Owl cables, owl lovies, owl buttons. A lot of owls going on here! I thought sticking to one color might help with everything going on.

Smaller Owlie Items in the Set

I'm going to discuss the 'Larger' and 'Smaller' sized sets in separate blog posts, but for now here's a quick listing: I customized quite a few of the items, and if there's a cabled owl, I opted to embroider little complementary blue eyes on one of the owls. If there wasn't an owl, I added in owls by modifying the pattern or through buttons. It makes a very sweet little matching set!

0 comments: