Knitting for People's Babies: Cloudy Mint Layette

Sunday, March 6, 2022

'Gotta have a gift to bring to all these Baby Showers, and so we end up in knitting phase again. Baby items are knit up soooo fast, they're so fun to make. A great way to try out new skills, because the cost of failure is very, very low. And so I make many, many color-coordinated items, such as with this gray and mint layette. Many of the patterns are heavily modified, as I also wanted the eyelet pattern to bring all the pieces together, I think I was successful on both fronts!

The Eyelet Knit Baby Layette

For this set, I used yarn purchased from eBay: Baby Bee Sweet Delight in 'Toy Elephant Marled' and 'Mint Charm Pomp'. 2 Skeins of each was enough to just barely complete all these items. The yarn is 100% acrylic so it's easily washable, but it's also a nice soft yarn. Except for the 'Pomp' styled yarn. I really dislike how the shiny threads easily catch on my needles. Will not be using that again!

The Eyelet Knit Baby Layette

For a variety of reasons, I ended up with a layette set meant for a larger baby that includes: Lullaby Layette Cardigan and Blankie, heavily modified Lullaby Layette Hat, McDreamy Booties, and Teeny-tiny Knit Mitts.

The Eyelet Knit Baby Layette

The smaller garments drop the mint colorblocking and focus only on that gray eyelet. This smaller layette includes: Lullaby Layette Booties and Hat, Teeny-tiny Knit Mitts, and a modified Newborn Vertebrae.
The Eyelet Knit Baby Layette

0 comments: