Pittsburgh Craft Collective's Letterpress Demo & Studio Visit

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Letterpress Valentine

'Attended Saturday's Pittsburgh Craft Collective "letterpress demo & studio visit" at Sapling Press where we hand-printed some predesigned Valentine's Day Cards. Die-cut the envelope liners on a Heidelberg windmill letterpress, printed the cards, trimmed them with a scary cutting-machine, scored them down the middle, and cut the rounded corners with some other machine. It was pretty cool (although slightly overcrowded with 30 attendees).

I love the indentations left on the back of letterpressed items...
Letterpress Valentine

I chose the girliest envelope color combinations possible.

4 comments:

homesprout said...

Very cool. I wish I was around Pittsburgh more often so I could do these things...

Oh, and you do need to live in Turkey for a month!

h said...

Yeah, the Pittsburgh Craft Collective is a really cool group that I should probably get involved with [in a very informal way]. My life's too hectic to actually produce items worth selling, lol.

Run Lori Run said...

Those are cool cards! Love your blog....

pghcraftcollective said...

glad you had fun at the letterpress demo & studio visit.

we'd love to have you get more involved with the PCC. whether you sell your work or not. :)