Sunday, May 24, 2015
A great alternative to baking yourself an entire carrot cake. Much more share-able.
1 package of carrot cake mix
3/4 cup of shortening
8 ounces cream cheese (1 package, softened)
4 Tbsp of butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla
2.5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil cookie sheets.
- Blend all ingredients together in a medium bowl until completely combined.
- Roll soft dough in small balls (smaller than you anticipate) on a cookie sheet, don't press down.
- Bake 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Be sure to spin the sheets around partway through. Do not over cook!
- Let cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a plate to cool completely. ** Note: If you're using a 'decadent' cake mix that has you rehydrate the carrots/raisins, be sure to press out as much water as possible before adding to the ingredients. You also might have to add some extra flour to get the right just-barely-roll-able consistency.
- Mix frosting ingredients with beaters until smooth.
- When cookies are cool, frost the backs and press together making a cookie sandwich.
- EAT MOAR COOKIES.