Sunday, June 26, 2011
If you're like me and have angry chairs that reject all felt pads, preferring instead to stab your hardwood floors, then this may come in handy:
- Sand the scratch, with the grain of the wood.
- Clean up sanding dust with some mineral spirits.
- (Optional) If the scratch is really deep into the wood, you're going to need to apply some wood filler in a shade that matches the floor.
- Coat scratch in a clear protectant such as polycrylic.
- Let dry and you'll have scratch-free floors again.
I have officially learned this lesson one bajillion times. We won't even talk about how I thought it was a good idea to spray paint a craft project indoors.
Oh, and a Disclaimer: no blaming me if this does more damage to your floors than before. This method has worked wonders for my floors, but may not do the same on all types.