Success: Kielbasa Haluski

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We've been making this Polish Kielbasa Haluski from TasteBook for awhile now. You really can't go wrong with this much butter and onion. Polish food, anyone?

Kielbasa Haluski

Ingredients
  • 1/2c butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1lb Polish sausage, sliced (we prefer Turkey kielbasa)
  • 1/2 to 1 whole head cabbage (depending on how much you like cabbage)
  • 1 package egg noodles (we avoid whole wheat noodles, in this case)
  • Pinch of paprika
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Add butter to a large frying pan or skillet on medium heat. Saute the onion for about 10 minutes.
  2. Add sausage and continue cooking til sausage is browned.
  3. Stir in cabbage; cover and cook til the cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes.
  4. Stir in noodles and heat through.
  5. Season with paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
Polish Haluski>

7 comments:

Atley said...

I think this would have enough caloires in it to save your life if you were 5 mins away from staving to death. LOL too much butter!

homesprout said...

1. This looks good.

@. I want to hear about your no poo experiment. Did it work out?

{ T G L } said...

That looks like cardiac arrest on a plate ;) It probably tastes GREAT though! Enjoy!

This Good Life

Trail Guy said...

Um, give me a shout if you'd like an additional dinner guest. YUM!

{ T G L } said...

Hi there,

Slightly offtopic, but I just wanted to let you know that I've written a mini-review of your blog at a link-up post on my blog. Feel free to check it out and I hope my recommendation will give you more traffic!

Here is the link:
http://this-good-life.blogspot.com/2011/07/through-blogging-door-ii.html

Best wishes,
This Good Life

h said...

Um. All I have to say is that I love butter.

That is all.

Elle Sees said...

I've never had Polish food!