Success: Homemade Oreos

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Homemade Oreos...

To be completely honest, these don't really taste much like Oreos, despite Dear C. Jane's recipe title. They are, however, very tasty. I would probably call them devil's food cake cookies with cream cheese icing. They're made with cake mix from a box, so they're speedy to put together and probably adaptable to other kinds of cake mixes. 'Would make again, but something tells me there's more interesting/challenging recipes out in the world...

In other news, cream cheese icing is the answer to all my problems.

Homemade Oreos...

10 comments:

henning love said...

yum these look absolutely delicious!

h said...

...I'm thinking using a carrot cake mix next time would be too awesome. Just too tasty. Haha

Unknown said...

Anything with cream cheese frosting is to die for! mmm

Ellinor Forje said...

Now I want to make some. There goes my diet!;O) Thanks for sharing the photos and drop by me too, soon.

Anonymous said...

omg. I want some.

Stephanie said...

Yeah, those definitely don't look like Oreos, I'd say they look more like whoopie pies. There's an Amish bakery at the farmers' market near me and they sell them, and they are, in fact, quite delicious. :-)

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Oh my gosh, they look soo good! I love your suggestion of carrot cake mix oreos. What a great idea!

keishua said...

those looking amazing! I am thinking they probably taste better than oreos.

Anna said...

They definitely look better than Oreos! Cream cheese icing, mmmmm...
X

Jillian said...

Yum! They do look like devil's food cake, which I am pretty obsessed with, so it works for me.