Leftover Seattle: Olympic National Park

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ruby Beach Sea Stacks
While I'm unpacking four years' worth of stuff here in Pittsburgh and writing a paper for a serious deadline (i.e., non stop party), I have two Seattle posts left! This current batch of photos is from a weekend car camping trip to Olympic National Park, which, aside from being completely breathtaking, is also rather near to the book-setting for the "Twilight" series. This explains all the vampire references in the grocery store while we were buying dinner.

We camped at Mora Campground near Forks, and drove to both Rialto and Ruby Beaches. After a brief hike in the Hoh Rainforest there was a dinner of pepperoni and cheese. All in all, a full and complete camping weekend.

The park was considerably less crowded than Yosemite or Yellowstone, I'm betting getting a backpacking permit would be a simpler process as well. It's been awhile since I've camped in the sand...

Ruby Beach Sea Stacks
Hoh Temperate Rainforest Rialto Beach Sea Stacks
Hoh Temperate Rainforest
A Squirrel in the Rainforest!
Hoh Temperate Rainforest Crescent Lake in Olympic National Park
Rialto Beach Sea Stacks
What does your pebble choice say about you?
Mora Campground in Olympic National Park
Kingston-Edmonds Ferry

4 comments:

Jamie said...

This is one of my very favorite national parks - so other-worldly

rooth said...

It looks so incredible here. I've never been but would really like to go sometime. The forest looks straight out of a fairytale. I expect to see a house made of gingerbread around the corner

S.I.F. said...

What gorgeous shots! I've never been there, but now I seriously want to go!

aki! said...

I really want to visit! It looks so beautiful and different from where I am now.