日本: Kyoto Redux

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fushimi Inari Shrine

It was a very photogenic day trip to Kyoto City, in which we visited two of the tourist-musts that I missed the first round. Setsubun was a little distracting. This time, there was nothing to take our attention off of the 40 minute cross-city bus ride to Kinkakuji Shrine, or our 1+ hour long walk to Fushima Inari shrine. Both, by the way, totally amazing, although my heart is more in Fushima Inari. Just super awesome.

By the time I returned to my apartment, I had a gigantic paper bag full of Kit Kats and cream puffs. That's some serious shopping.

Fushimi Inari Shrine Overlook
Fushimi Inari Shrine Fushimi Inari Shrine
Fushimi Inari Shrine Fushimi Inari Shrine
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Fushimi Inari Shrine Kinkakuji Golden Shrine
Kinkakuji Golden Shrine
Kinkakuji Shrine Spring
Kinkakuji Golden Shrine
Gion

6 comments:

Corin said...

Gorgeous photos!

aki! said...

Looks awesome. I've been looking through your last couple of posts. Really nice lovely pictures.

Manda said...

I love that first picture! I think if I were to visit Japan, Kyoto would be the top city on my list. I've always been drawn to it when studying in school, so I think I would ultimately want to go there first before Tokyo or Osaka.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Amazing. Just amazing. My husband was in Kyoto on business a few years ago. I'm kicking myself for not tagging along with him.

Unknown said...

Hello! I recently just started a youtube Korean food channel, EasyKoreanFood, where you can learn how to make fast and easy Korean food! It would mean the world to me if you took the time to check it out because I'm just starting out! Thanks!

rooth said...

Nom, cream puffs!