日本: Kyoto Sakura

Monday, April 22, 2013

Philosopher's Walk in Kyoto, with Sakura

The sakura giveth and the sakura taketh away.

That is, the sakura are beautiful, but they bring out every damn tourist in a 20 mile radius. Even rain on a Tuesday couldn't stop these guys at Kiyomizu-dera. Ginkakuji was a typical level of crowded, but the Philosphers' Path (being known for its cherry blossoms) was undoubtedly also super packed. Granted, I'll take warm weather and crowds over freezing and runny noses most days.

I spent my birthday in Kyoto, when the blossoms first opened. I spent my last day in Japan in Kyoto, and it rained on my head.

Kiyomizu-dera
Kiyomizu-dera...crowded
Kiyomizu-dera
Kiyomizu-dera
Philosopher's Walk in Kyoto, with Sakura
Philosopher's Walk in Kyoto, with Sakura
Sakura
Ginkakuji's Tunnel Vision
Ginkakuji
maples.
Raindrops
Ginkakuji Monies

Additional photos up on Flickr.

4 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Such gorgeous pictures lady! Wow! The contrast of the blooms and the crisp greens are breath taking! Thanks for the kind words at my blog! Cheers! Nicole

trishie said...

It has always been my dream to see sakuras in Japan. I want to be one of those "damn tourists"!

Anonymous said...

Just read about your Japan adventure from the start! Interesting and li,e your sense of humor! I came to look at hexagons and saw Japan!! Thanks for the trip!!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my goodness, look how beautiful!