Mmmm...mint!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dried Mint Leaves

Mint is pretty much a weed and pretty much fantastic in alcoholic beverages. This is why I grow it in a hanging planter. I've even been multiplying it by rooting some cuttings in water and then planting them back in the planter. Shorter and bushier is the ideal.

I gave my mint plant a haircut, as one does every couple of weeks. Too much mint, and not enough time [for the aforementioned alcoholic beverages]. So, I've frozen some mint leaves for spontaneous drink flavoring and now drying my mint leaves in the microwave and bottling them up in a spice jar. For...something? Who knows.

At least drying mint in the microwave is easy.

Dried Mint Leaves
Dried Mint Leaves

1 comments:

Alicia | Jaybird: Home in Motion said...

I had no idea you could dry mint in the microwave! I have a wildly growing basil plant right now and I bet the same trick would work. Thanks for the idea!