Success: Creamy Mushroom Soup

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Easy Mushroom Soup (with potatoes and carrots)

Well. I started with Flora and Fauna's Easy Mushroom Soup, but I wanted potatoes. And I had an onion but no leeks. And I slipped in ~12 baby carrots because (once again) soup's the only way I'll eat them. Anyways. Simple. Delightful. With a bit of bread.

The modifications: I used 3/4 of a spanish onion, diced in place of the leek. I added about 1.5 lbs of red potatoes, cut bite-sized, and 12 diced baby carrots at the same time all the liquid was added. And that's pretty much it.

Will make again, it even reheats alright (not great, reheated dairy can be slightly weird).

Easy Mushroom Soup (with potatoes and carrots)

2 comments:

Manda said...

There's a mushroom soup recipe in the Jamie Oliver cookbook I'm working my way through and I'm really excited for it. Few things are more comforting than a delicious bowl of mushroom soup! Yours looks great.

Anonymous said...

Yum. I'm really craving that right now.