Success: Eggnog Doughnut Muffins

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Eggnog Doughtnut Muffins
With still leftover eggnog I made these eggnog doughnut muffins from TheKitchn awhile back. Only, I don't own a muffin tin so these were adapted to jumbo muffins by cooking in oiled ramekins for an extra 10-15 minutes.

These muffins are definitely better fresh, but they're passable the next day. The butter+sugar topping is not really optional, they're sort of the whole reason why these muffins seem fried-but-not and really help to give a bit of something extra to some otherwise bland-ish muffins.

I think I like these better than the eggnog loaf cake, but to be honest, I find all these nutmeg-ish cakes rather bland and uninspiring. There's probably another ingredient that can be mixed in with the eggnog to make it more exciting. Afterall, eggnog is just cream/milk, nutmeg, and booze. Eggnog + carrot cake?

Eggnog Doughtnut Muffins
Eggnog Doughtnut Muffins
Eggnog Doughtnut Muffins

2 comments:

Alicia | jaybird blog said...

Oh yum! I could gobble up a dozen of those--but it's a bummer to hear that the flavor is kind of blah. I love the idea of mixing carrot cake and eggnog...the texture of grated carrot (and perhaps some sweet raisins) would add extra interest to the recipe for sure.

Unknown said...

I've never been much of an eggnog fan, but I like your eggnog+carrot cake idea!