Wednesday, May 13, 2015
I really liked Hopes & Seams' Felt Blooms, but I wanted to try something a little more three dimensional. The large blooms came out lovely, but maybe a bit too large so I ended up constructing a flatter bloom based off the original tutorial.
Method 1: Three Dimensional Felt Peony
- Cut out squares, each color has equal sized squares (1", 1.25", 1.5", 1.75", 2")
- Cut petal shapes out of squares
- Roll fringe and sew
- Sew petals to fringe at base, one petal at a time
- Keep sewing petals one at a time
Method 2: Two Dimensional Felt Peony
Based off Hopes & Seams' Felt Blooms - Guidelines tutorial.
- Cut petals out of squares (1", 1.25", 1.5")
- Sew the bottoms of first row of petals with a couple stitches
- Hot glue the sides of the first row of petals together
- Attach larger petals underneath using hot glue at the base
- Roll fringe, secure with stitches
- Hot glue fringe to center, done