Success: Vegetable Dumplings

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Vegetable Dumplings - inside
I made these veggie dumplings from SmittenKitchen on a whim, after returning from 2 weeks of work travel and wanting the meditation of chopping veggies forever and the satisfaction of a tasty meal. I doubled this recipe, because conuring up 2 tablespoons of red pepper, a half cup of shredded cabbage, etc. is ridiculous. Even doubling the recipe, I barely using 1/8 of the cabbage! I need to find another recipe that needs cabbage and cilantro...

The dumplings are quite flavorful without a dipping sauce, although the sauce definitely adds tastiness.

In doubling the recipe, we also ended up with many leftovers. After leaving them to 'cool' in the warm oven for a bit (so they don't dry out), they can be tossed in the freezer to cool for awhile and then thrown in ziploc bags for tasty future meals. The authors recommends always freezing them, not refrigerating. I think we got about ~5 meals from doubling the recipe.

Vegetable Dumplings
Vegetable Dumplings - frozen leftovers
Vegetable Dumplings

1 comments:

rooth said...

Dumpling party! I love it!