MeMade Clothing: Women of Computing Skirt

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Women of Computer Science Skirt Women of Computer Science Skirt

Living my best Mrs. Frizzle life over here in my handmade "Women of Computer Science" skirt! Nothin' like a CS skirt with Dr. Evelyn Granville, Ada Lovelace, Hypatia, Hedwig Lamarr & Admiral Grace Hopper!

Women of Computer Science Skirt Women of Computer Science Skirt

I put this skirt down 5 years ago, after pinning the lace to the lining (burnt out from so much effort?), and then only just picked it up recently and finished it in my latest sewing craze! It's been so long, I don't even remember the pattern! It's likely it was self-drafted...It was probably meant to sit at my hips, but now (with a slight hidden zipper adjustment), it's at my waist. Whatever works! I also decided to unpick one side of the two seams and install an inseam pocket. Functional!

Women of Computer Science Skirt

0 comments: