Third Most Romantic Spot in the Country

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pittsburgh From the Duquesne Incline

According to MSDN, the Duquesne Incline in Pittsburgh is the third most romantic spot in the country. As the clip says:
"So romance isn't the first word that pops into your head when you think of Pittsburgh? Then you need to take a ride on the Duquesne Incline cable car (in operation since 1877) to the observation deck with spectacular views of the Ohio and Allegheny River Valleys and downtown Pittsburgh's Golden Triangle."

I took these photos a month ago, when rainmelon was in town, and it's funny how close this top one resembles the shot from the article (unbeknownst to me).
From Duquesne Incline

2 comments:

homesprout said...

I must say, having been on the incline, I do not think is is very romantic! Tim and I have pictures of ourselves almost being blown over at the top by wind.

h said...

I think the incline is nice, but maybe not third most romantic in the country. We have endless quantities of gorgeous desert sceneries, New England in autumn, Redwood forests, glaciers in Alaska, volcanoes in Hawaii, assorted beaches, etc.

But for Pittsburgh it's quite pleasant.