Playing with Toy Cameras

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Point Arena Lighthouse

Well, I finally got around to using/developing my Holga toy camera, with a bit of color film from the California trip. There was a slight misunderstanding in which I thought the rolls had 16 shots instead of 12, so I've ended up with some interesting cut-offs of various photos I took...as well as some intended double exposures. I think they're kinda cool, even though a bit blurry.

Windmills
Half Dome in Yosemite Valley Manchester State Beach Park
Pittsburgh

You win some, you lose some.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love them! I think they are so fun!

Rosie said...

Those are fantastic! I really have to figure out my film camera so I can try some double exposures.

JanandJill.com said...

Great post, I hope you had a fun Cali trip. I've lived here my whole life and never gone to Yosemite. I want to! Nice pics, I like your camera even if they're a bit blurry. not bad at all.

xoDale
Thanks so much for stoppin by, gotta love TJMaxx hehe

Deidre said...

I think they are great! AMAZING colours.

Jillian said...

I want a toy camera! I love how the photos come out. The colors are amazing and it has a bit of an old-timey look. These pictures are fantastic.

amy b.s. said...

these are great photos.

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

I actually really like these! They turned out different and eerie, but in a good way!

A Lost Feather said...

the photo next to the half dome photo- i think it looks awesome.. some sort of camping/night sky type image- i like it!

that's so crazy that you can continue to take photos even when the film is out- i would definitely mess that up haha.. does create some great effects though!

Kaylia Payne said...

Great photos! I love the one of the wind farm :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Ooooh nice! I love them all! I want a toy camera too!