Botanic Hat

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Botanic Hat

Knitting season is upon us! I find that autumn and winter is really the best/only time to knit. I'm just not in the mood to think about wool hats in the middle of July, sorry ;)

Botanic Hat

This was a speedy knit, probably completed within two days of receiving the yarn from KnitPicks. The pattern is westknits Botanic Hat, and the tonal Wool of the Andes comes out really nicely (like camouflage, but not). On the "purl-side" of the hat, the black web-like lines are really cool, although they don't come out that well in the photos.

Botanic Hat

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice, I don't knit, so I am very impressed!

Elle said...

I wish I knew how to knit! And then I would probably make myself a million circle scarves... I'm obsessed with them! :)

The hat looks great!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could knit!

Stephanie said...

That hat is so cute!!

I'm so jealous of people who are good at knitting and crocheting. The extent of my skills in that arena is crocheting rather wobbly-looking scarves. ;-)

Sam W. said...

so cute!! now i just need some cooler weather to pull out all my knitted wear :)

Rosie said...

That's really cute! I want to make a hat as soon as I finish the sweater I'm working on.