Who Knows Whose Baby Afghan

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lion Brand's Baby Ripple Afghan

Having just inherited a bunch of scraps of acrylic baby yarn from the 80s, I did the only thing one can do: I made a ripple afghan (well, that, and yarn pom-poms for my yeti hat, naturally). Of course, I used smaller yarn than the pattern called for, as well as a larger hook. But everything came out a-okay anyways. It always does.

Lion Brand's Baby Ripple Afghan

I think I really prefer baby blankets in bright, bold colors, but such is life.

Lion Brand's Baby Ripple Afghan

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

BEAUTIFUL! I'm on a crochet kick right now...I have two afghans started, one scarf, snowflakes, and even more ideas! : )

Unknown said...

I agree with preferring brights over pastels, but what a sweet blanket for whoever is so lucky!

Rosie said...

That is really cute! I've been wanting to do something with crochet for a while, maybe I'll have to try something like this.

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

This is gorgeous! I'm going to have to give it a go! Thanks for the inspiration :)