Semi-Success: Pumpkin Pie Dip

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Dip

I wanted to bring something to a spoooooky gathering, and I pulled together this speedy pumpkin pie dip from kiki creates. I added in a full can of pumpkin, instead of just a cup, because the dip was a little...meh. It still is a little meh. I can't quite figure out what it's missing. (Edit: although, it appears that after letting the dip sit in the fridge for an hour, the pumpkin-ness really sets in nicely).

Pumpkin Pie Dip

I think serving with ginger snaps and apple slices is in order. Something with flavor.

Pumpkin Pie Dip

10 comments:

henning love said...

oh i want to make this dip it looks so good

nancy said...

what an awesome idea! I definitely think the ginger biscuits are a good addition :D

Rosie said...

That looks tasty, but judging on what you said, if I try it I'd definitely omit the pumpkin pie spice, put in way more cinnamin, and I'm not sure what else.

Elle said...

Just went to a gathering tonight and someone brought a delicious pumpkin pie dip - I will see if I can get the recipe and let you know!

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I love pumpkin pie dip! My coworker's wife makes it and serves it inside a hollowed-out pumpkin with ginger snaps. So tasty. :-)

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

I have never had this! I have to see if I can try it one day. Might have to wait, no canned pumpkin here :( And totally not going through the whole process of making my own, lol

Jamie said...

I'm a sucker for all things pumpkin.

Wonder if you could add some maple

Janette said...

WHAT????????????????????????! Pumpkin pie dip!???? How amazing! Do you think it'd be good if I dipped some french fries into it? Too gross perhaps? haha


Janette the Jongleur

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

I like pumpkin but I'm not sure about it as a dip, but you can't knock it until you try it! I'll keep an eye out in the stores.

Mollie @ Jennings Brae Bank Farm said...

I made this for a Halloween party this weekend. A real success, except for the people that used tortilla chips instead of the cookies!