Get out of my head

Sunday, December 11, 2011

When I first got the files from my fMRI I could only view them on J's computer. I forbade him from showing anyone else the 3D scans on his computer. For some unknown reason, I thought these generic-looking organs were a private matter. I mean, one thalamus looks no different than another, right? But then, a 3D model of a skull really is the most you'll ever see of someone.

That being said, if you ever get the opportunity to have your head scanned (hopefully for research purposes and not for health reasons) I would jump on that. A 3D model of your brain that you can slice any way you like is pretty damn awe-inspiring. And just a little bit creepy, especially if you're as fond of googly eyes as I am.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, you're so brainy!

h said...

Har.

aki! said...

I CAN SEE IN YOUR BRAIN.

But wow. That's quite weird. I generally don't see these private photos because most people don't share such things on the internet, but it's quite interesting.

I feel as if I should how know you think now.

tinajo said...

Haha - cool indeed! :-)

k said...

um, that is crazy awesome..i want one.

Sam W. said...

oooo, so cool! i would love one of these :)

KT My Lady said...

Googly-eyed brain!