Annual Cohort Holiday Dinner #4

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Well, it's that time of year again. Time to throw an end-of-semester-holiday dinner party for the members of my "cohort" (there's 8 of us, plus dates). Basically, I make a gallon of boozy eggnog, fret over selecting three coordinating dishes, clean and decorate the apartment like a madwoman, and then enjoy the company and benefits of my insanity. It's quite nice.

The only photo I took of the food all night, hahahaha.

This year, the dishes were:The main course dishes were all doubled. You don't know what fun is, until you buy ~20 portobello mushrooms and sear them in ~8 batches. Write-ups for the new dishes will be forthcoming.

Faces are blurred to protect the innocent ;)

You can find documentation of the first dinner party, the second dinner party, and the third annual dinner party distributed throughout the blog. I've gotten better at documentation over the years.

Need.Moar.Eggnog. I used 18 eggs this year, and 3-4 pints of cream.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ok, so twice baked sweet potatoes? Sounds like heaven! Now I just need to get my husband to start eating sweet potatoes that are not in the form of fries or tater tots...

{ T G L } said...

That looked like fun and the food sounds... yuuummmm! :)

Be well,
This Good Life

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Yum, that food looks and sounds totally delish!

Elle Sees said...

looks insanely delish! and i've never had egg nogg.
Hurry! My Stylemint giveaway for 5 shirts ends today!

Jamie said...

My stomach is growling - that sounds like an amazing dinner.

Atley said...

homemade egg nog! OH MY GOODNESS! DO WANT! and I laughed at the face blurr caption. haha.