Spaghetti Squash

Wednesday, February 29, 2012


Have you ever made spaghetti squash? You stab it a few times with a knife, microwave it for 10 minutes, cut it in half length-wise, remove the lose pulp & seeds, then carve out the entire insides with a fork. You can then eat it as is, or treat it like pasta (i.e., throw some sauce and cheese on it). It's kinda nice if you're trying to follow a low-carb diet, but I was never one much for pasta dishes to begin with.

One squash will give you about 4 servings, so there's that.




I call this photo "Running Spaghetti"

4 comments:

Ellie Kornexl said...

I've always wanted to try this...

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I've never tried this before. Haha, maybe I can trick my husband into thinking it's actual pasta, because he is really not a fan of squash. ;-)

memory said...

MMM, I love squash and spagetti so I'm sure this would equal perfection for me.

Hope your weekend is full of happies.

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

M├Ągi said...

OHHH! OHHH! This is one of my favourite, favourite meals. I have to admit, some days I pretty much just eat spaghetti squash and nothing, nothing else....

Related Posts with Thumbnails