Success: Roasted Potatoes

Sunday, April 22, 2012


There's not usually a lot of bread or pasta around this house (I'm not in a sandwich or pasta phase at the moment), so my body will suddenly crave carbs like it's no one's business and I end up eating roasted potatoes for days on end. I like to think of them as a healthy alternative to French Fries.

These are even easier than mustard roasted potatoes as you don't need to go out and purchase anything special. So damn easy you don't even really need a recipe, but here it is:

Roasted Potatoes (serves 2)
6-8 small potatoes or 4-6 medium potatoes 9I used Red or Yukon Gold)
Kosher Salt
All Purpose Spice (or seasoning of some sort)
(sometimes garlic or a squirt of lemon juice)
A bit of olive oil
Aluminum Foil, Baking Sheet

  1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees (F)
  2. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil
  3. Cut potatoes into bite size wedges. I usually cut the potato into eighths
  4. Spread potatoes onto aluminum foil, sprinkle with salt & spices
  5. Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and toss so that all potatoes are covered in seasonings and oil
  6. Roast in oven for 20-40 minutes, until cooked through. I like to wait a little longer to get some crispy bits. Be sure to flip potatoes halfway through baking time.


8 comments:

memory said...

This is one of my favorite recipes to make at my house! I actually just made them on Friday night with hamburgers Mom grilled out on the grill. YUM.
Thanks for your words on my Insta snippets post, Iris! I sadly didn't buy those Easter cookies, but they sure did look good.

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

nancy said...

yuuuum! so easy, so simple, SO delicious.

rooth said...

Nom, that all looks so tasty!

Stephanie said...

Mmmm, I love roasted potatoes! And "sometimes garlic"?? My usual approach is "always garlic, and usually double what the recipe calls for." ;-)

missris said...

There is always an abundance of carbs in my house, potatoes included. I consider them a vegetable though, so they hardly count as simply carbs, right?

Unknown said...

We just had something like this last night. They are pure perfection...

Jamie said...

I don't eat a lot of potatoes- but your photos made my mouth water. I may be making a trip to the store this week to satisfy this new craving.

Stephanie said...

This is my favorite way to make potatoes! I even cute them up really tiny, bake them the same way and then we have hash browns, only healthy! :)