Sunday, April 22, 2012
There's not usually a lot of bread or pasta around this house (I'm not in a sandwich or pasta phase at the moment), so my body will suddenly crave carbs like it's no one's business and I end up eating roasted potatoes for days on end. I like to think of them as a healthy alternative to French Fries.
These are even easier than mustard roasted potatoes as you don't need to go out and purchase anything special. So damn easy you don't even really need a recipe, but here it is:
Roasted Potatoes (serves 2)
6-8 small potatoes or 4-6 medium potatoes 9I used Red or Yukon Gold)
All Purpose Spice (or seasoning of some sort)
(sometimes garlic or a squirt of lemon juice)
A bit of olive oil
Aluminum Foil, Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees (F)
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Cut potatoes into bite size wedges. I usually cut the potato into eighths
- Spread potatoes onto aluminum foil, sprinkle with salt & spices
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and toss so that all potatoes are covered in seasonings and oil
- Roast in oven for 20-40 minutes, until cooked through. I like to wait a little longer to get some crispy bits. Be sure to flip potatoes halfway through baking time.