This Happened: Oversight

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Bedroom Artwork

I was thinking the other day, while packing all my worldly possessions, about the process for getting all this stuff into my 600 sq ft apartment. More specifically, I was thinking about transporting this over-sized canvas print from the bedroom.

I purchased this 4' X 3' "Secret Garden" print pretty much instantaneously, but it wasn't until I returned with it to my car that I realized I had a problem. I had no quarters left, parked at a meter running low on time, and a painting that would not fit in my car any way I tried.

It honestly had not occurred to me that my little Japanese compact would not be able to handle a ginormous piece of artwork. Long story short, I played the damsel in distress card and J rescued me from having to live out my old age at Southside Works.

2 comments:

rooth said...

Hmmmm, I wish there was a way you could take the frame apart and roll up the canvas

Deidre said...

Wow - but the painting is so incredible!