Hiking the Cascades: Twin Lakes Trail

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Twin Lake #2 (lunchtime!)

A friend from out of town and I took an 8 mile day hike around Twin Lakes Trail. It was a quarter uphill, a quarter flat, and then the reverse on the return. 8 beautiful miles complete with old trees, a slot canyon, lakes, ponds, and one bajillion mosquitoes. I have never been bit by so many bugs in 5 hours in my life! My temples must be really tasty.

For being totally out of shape (this year I'm not training for any grueling backpacking trips), I did pretty decently. I did not die. I just took a lot of breaks. Slow and steady wins the race?

New Growth
Pond = Mosquito Hometown Twin Lake #1
Mmmm, Fording
More Ponds, More Mosquitoes Twin Lakes Trail Begins!
Lilypad Crossing

7 comments:

rooth said...

Your pictures are beautiful and you can almost ignore the fact that there are bugs everywhere! Get some Cortisone or Benadryl and I hope you stop itching soon

Ingunn said...

Very nice! I've never been up there - I saw it on WTA's hiking list a couple of weeks ago but we didn't have time. Thanks for letting us virtually hike it with you ;^)

Stephanie said...

What great pictures! SO BEAUTIFUL!

We just got back from a week of camping and hiking. It's always so exhilarating to be outdoors!

trishie said...

Looks really pretty but i'm not liking the sound of mossie bites!

Amanda said...

Amazing photos! This definitely looks like it's worth all the bug bites :)

Az said...

Nothing like trekking through the beauty that is Nature! Breath-taking photos! And now I want to go on a hiking trail too :)

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow how beautiful!