Must.Stop.Eating. Kale & Bacon Fried Egg Sandwich

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Years ago, I ate so many fried egg sandwiches, that I had to stop eating eggs for awhile. These weren't your run-of-the-mill piles of carb-loaded grease on empty white bread carbs.Nope. There was spinach involved. And olive oil. And tomatoes. And good quality bread. It pretty much had all the nutrients a meal should have...although, that doesn't mean you should eat it twice a day for months.

Anyways. I'm on another fried egg sandwich kick. But this time it involves garlic-y kale. And it might also involve bacon, and eating fried egg sandwiches twice aday for months.

All this has lead me to the following formula: Awesome Egg Sandwich = Egg over hard + Green leaf + Mayonnaise + Good bread + Guilty pleasure (i.e., cheese or bacon)

6 comments:

Nic's Notebook said...

Mmm sounds nice but I'll take mine without the bacon!

Jamie said...

I might have to replace the kale with avocado (making it that much worse for me)

Nicole said...

I've never thought to use kale in an egg sandwich. What a great idea! I've got to try that. An easy substitute of Morningstar fake bacon in place of the real stuff and I can recreate this delicious-looking sandwich myself and get it in my tummy ASAP. Can't wait.

Unknown said...

Oh. YUM. Make me one?

rooth said...

Oh man, that looks really tasty. I'd say this is a healthy kick to go on, wouldn't you?

Stephanie said...

That sounds SO good! I've been afraid to eat kale since I've been pregnant (had a bad experience early on when I was on a prenatal with toooooo much iron, added to my already-high-in-iron diet: prenatal vitamins + lots of kale chips = upset tummy :-( ), but this might be tasty enough to get me to give it a try again!