Sunday, November 18, 2012
I'm pretty much in love with tabouli. I've taken this recipe from epicurious and done some modifications per the commenters.
- 3 bunches finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 chopped firm tomato
- 1/2 onion (I prefer sweet onions
- 1/2 cup extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1-2 lemons' worth)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the 1 cup of bulghur for 20 minutes and drain.
- While the bulghur drains, place the chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir the bulghur into the bowl.
- Add the chopped parsley, mint, and olive oil. Stir.
- Add additional lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve cold, with either pita or lettuce leaves.