日本: Azuki-an

Monday, February 25, 2013


Achievement unlocked! I somehow (1) identified baking powder, flour, salt, and sugar in the grocery store and (2) whipped up these pancakes without measuring implements. I even swapped butter for the vegetable oil, because I just don't feel like purchasing that nonsense with only !5! weeks left!

The recipe is nothing to write home about, but the red beans topping is. I'm pretty sure I've found where red beans have always belonged. Right on top of a pile of pancake-y goodness.

4 comments:

missris said...

3 weeks? That's so soon! Pretty soon you will be back, and able to read all the ingredients in the grocery store again :)

Manda said...

I am all about pancakes, but I am not such a fan of red bean :( Unless it's sweet red bean paste inside a steamed bun. THAT i can get behind :D

h said...

Sorry, that was a typo! I'm more like ~5 weeks away. Only twice as long!

Manda- these red beans were packaged as a dessert (like pudding), but they could probably use a little bit of sugar to hit your sweet tooth, heh.

rooth said...

Nom nom nom - red bean popsicles... and on shaved ice... and it's a really good thing you're in Japan and not me or else I'd be a whale by now