日本: Monkey Baths

Friday, March 29, 2013

Snow Monkey Rotenburo

Well, I did it. That tourist scene that's on all the Japan tourist guides. I saw the Jigokudani Snow Monkeys. I had five days, and what better way to spend them than on 6 hours of train+shinkansen+train+train?

I stayed in a delightful place in the Yudanaka Onsen spa town. It had its own private baths, which means I had a light-headed-ness-inducing destressing experience every morning and evening. That's how I like to spend my St. Patrick's Day! Work is so stressful, it's really the only thing to do.

Something about snow-capped mountains in the background, and outdoor onsen (rotenburo) that makes everything better.

Snow Monkey
Baby Monkey
Monkey Cleaning Time Korakukan Rotenburo
Snow Monkey Rotenburo
Snow Monkey Hot Tub
Jumping Monkeys
Korakukan Monkey Cleaning Time
Sunlit trees
Shibu Onsen Town
Shimaya Onsen
View from Sunset Rotenburo
Shibu Onsen Town
More snow monkey photos to be found up on Flickr.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW! What an amazing place! And such beautiful photos!

missris said...

This is so awesome. Nerd alert: I'm really fascinated by primates (uh, other than humans). And very, very jealous right now.

rooth said...

Monkey spa! Did they look relaxed and chilled out? Because I'm honestly jealous of them right now