日本: Obuse

Monday, April 1, 2013

Obuse Train Station

While staying in Yudanaka Onsen I took a day trip to nearby Obuse which is known for its chestnuts and as the patron town of Hokusai, of "angry waves" renown. So, I partook of the local delicacy, chestnut cakes and macarons at a local Victorian-style tea salon, wandered through the Hokusai Museum, and yeah, visited the sake breweries. I always love a town with sake breweries.

I had an amazing lunch of shinshu roast beef with wasabi, and a "fruit dessert" that was literally just a strawberry on a plate. I walked a few kilometers out to two of the temples, where I felt like I was in the middle of nowhere. Because. Maybe I was.

I still maintain that chestnuts taste like a poor substitute for potatoes.

Middle of Nowhere, Obuse Japan
"Fruit Dessert"
Hokusai Angry Waves Sewer Plate
Obuse Japan
Chestnut Dessert Restaurant in Obuse
Jokoji Templein Obuse, Japan
Obuse Train Station Jokoji Templein Obuse, JapanGanshoin Temple in Obuse
I've uploaded more photos up on Flickr.

0 comments: