日本: Work

Monday, March 4, 2013

Waiting

For some reason, I was compelled to photo-document a walk to the grocery store when I lived in Scotland. In hindsight, this walk did produce one of my favorite photos of the city, so I guess it was a good, but silly, idea? Today, I've decided to write up my daily journey to get to work. It's not quite as scenic as Scotland's castles, but it has its own charm.

Bonus: I walk by my supermarket on the way ;)

Orange trees in February
When I leave the apartment, I pass by a tree that has had oranges on it since January.

Strollin'
Turn out onto the street, and head towards the massive, and oh so convenient, mall.

Latest films
Check out the latest movie releases posted to the side of the mall.

To the train station!
Cross a pedestrian bridge with a monk on it.

Taking blurry creeper photos in the train station
Take blurry creeper photos of the train station turnstiles.

Platform
Hang around the platform headed towards Kyoto until an Express comes by.

On the train
Hunker down with the locals on the train for a few minutes.

Train view, water
Pass ponds...

Train view, fields
...and fields.

Train station
Disembark at the next "city."

Town
Use the term "city" very loosely.

Waiting for the bus
Wait for a bus while staring at another mall.

Bus travel
Scan your pass as you get on the bus.

Nowhere
Be dropped off in the middle of nowhere (i.e., across the street from another mall).

Werk
Work work work work work work.

5 comments:

missris said...

I love these pictures. This would be a fun thing to do for even a "normal" commute in your home city!

rooth said...

Oh wow - what a commute. I bet you get to see some surprising things everyday. I get to see... traffic

Manda said...

I love posts like these! It makes me wish I had taken photos of my daily walk to campus when I was a student in Beijing. I would've had to take them on a good day though, to avoid photographing the smoggy skyline :P

Stephanie said...

Much more interesting commute than mine - 10 minute drive (about 3.5 miles) to the next town. I'm a bit spoiled by my commute, I'm always bitter when I have to drive more than 20 minutes to audit a department in another location. ;-)

Unknown said...

It is so much fun watching your adventure unravel. I am glad you are enjoying it all so much! I've been telling MyBoy all about your trip, he is dying to go one day.