日本: Come for the Bamboo Groves

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Adashino Nenbetsu Bamboo Grove

Jeebus, did Kyoto really not hold back on this last day trip of mine. Like. Pull out all the stops gorgeousness. And two days before the sakura even blossomed?! Let's consider it a birthday present (and then I went and celebrated my birthday for "real" at a gigantic flea market at a Kyoto shrine).

Come for the bamboo groves, stay for the peeks of spring. And let me tell you, I love bamboo groves, so that's really saying something about the peeks of spring. The coldness is leaving!

...so am I.

Tenryuji Temple Gardens
Blue Heron
The Many Buddha of Adashino Nenbetsu Temple in Kyoto The Many Buddha of Adashino Nenbetsu Temple in Kyoto
Jojakkoji Temple in Kyoto
Jojakkoji Temple in Kyoto
Arashiyama Bamboo Groves
Flea Market at Kitano Tenmangu Shrine in Kyoto
More photos on Flickr.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Why is everything about Japan so beautiful.

trishie said...

The bamboo lined lane looks so pretty.

Jenny said...

I read you're leaving and said out loud "nooo!!!"

I love your photos so much. It's now in my plans to go to Japan next Spring break and I'll surely be revisiting your posts for inspiration.

h said...

Don't worry, Jenny, there's still...like...6 posts left? I took a few more trips ;)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, as always! Wasabi icecream, herons, bamboo forests, oh my! The banana twinkie...a little wild. ;)